Sunday, February 10, 2008

When I was 16 I worked at a skating rink.

One of my favorite things to do was to slowly begin to walk next to a slow skater around the inner circle.
Every once in a while I'd glance over & about a quarter of the way around the rink, they'd start to go a little faster, and i'd start walking faster until I was at a slow jog and they were giving it their all to go faster than their level of ability and looking at me terrified. Then I'd suddenly turn away.

Or

I really liked whistling at people and saying things like "If I see you do that again, you're totally out of here man- you can't be doing that, seriously"
and then they'd say "what?"
and i'd say "You know what you did man, just don't do it again"
and then I'd tell them to go skate and if they still wanted to know what it was that they were almost in trouble for, I'd tell them not to "be smart with me" & "don't press your luck" and things of that nature.
I usually did that to the kids who seemed like jerks.

confusion = comedy



Also- sometimes I drove to work wearing quads which I don't think was very safe.

No comments: